Monday, April 16, 2007

Hello


Hello! I can't believe Joel talked me into doing this. I live in the Minneapolis area. I am an independent art consultant. I actually go out there and sell the art that everybody else does. I went to school at UW Lacrosse and have my degree in Art and Anthropolgy(and my mom was worried I wouldn't find a job.) I have worked for several different galleries over the past ten years. I never knew that my job really existed or that I could fall so easliy into this . I sometimes may do one piece of art for a client's home or I may do their whole house. But I make art the fun part of their home and I love what I do.


Last summer I took a leap of faith and went out on my own. I had enough contacts and clients. I office out of a beautiful gallery that sells hand signed Picassos, Dalis, Chagalls, Miros, and too many others to mention. I bring in my own mix of local, national, and international artists that are working today and put them into the gallery. It is an amazing mix and the response has been great. I am always looking for new artists to bring in and to work into new projects. The photo is of the gallery where I work out of. I never realized in college that this is what I was suppose to do, but I couldn't be happier. I get to work on comissions with artists and work vicariously through their talent to come up with what I see in my head. I really enjoy selling art for my artists.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Hello Nicole,
I sent the following e-mail to your address but will also post it here:

Hello Nicole,
I was contacted by a fellow UW-L alum and directed to the following comment you posted on the Alumi blog:

Peggy,
Joel told me to get ahold of you through your blog. I am an independent art consultant in Minneapolis. Are you showing your work in the area. I love your use of form and color in your pieces. Let me know if you are interseted,
Nicole

Thank you for the compliment of my work. I'm not sure when you posted this message but am interested in further contact with you if it is still timely.

Kind regards,

peggy koenig

M said...

Hi Nicole,
Great start on your blog! It's a wonderful world. You can contact me at mfoley9@gmail.com